Thursday, March 20, 2008

Sean came over for dinner last night and Jack and I were surprised that he came in a suit! I was almost in a sweatsuit and Jack in jeans.

It was a lot of fun and Sean gave us a gift that's out of this world...especially for a foodie like me. The best knife ever from one of his customers whose machines make these Nakiri ceramic knives.
Score!

As for dinner, it was a feast. I asked Jack what he wanted me to cook and Jack said Filipino food. I asked if he was sure because I like to make things other than Pinoy food...I make a mean lasagna, steak, seafood, Mexican food, but no... the hubby wanted adobo and lumpia. Jack's favorite.

I didn't want to be hovering over the stove all day so I decided to put the adobo in the crockpot and I don't think I'll ever cook it over the stove again... ever. I put all of the ingredients in the crockpot (for the meat, I got pork ribs) and cooked on low for 6-7 hours. When it was time to put the adobo in the serving bowl, the meat fell off the bones...which Jack loved. (He's not into meat with bones).

I was going to buy a fruit tart for dessert but didn't want to go out so I just baked butterscotch brownies...my go to dessert. heh.

Anyhoo, tonight... I hope to make an easy pasta dish of ziti in tomato sauce with basil and then baked in the oven for a little bit with fresh mozzarella on top.

No comments: