Friday, May 19, 2006

I've been on a cooking frenzy lately. Probably because it's the end of the semester and i CAN do it. I even made empanadas (Filipino meat turnovers & a veggie one) that just rocked my world. Not because they were that good but because i baked something that wasn't horrific. But I'll blog that recipe later.

We're going camping this weekend and wanted to share my contribution to the dessert potluck. I'm baked challenged but these turned out really good.

Peanut Butter Cupcakes via internet

Ingredients:

1 Package yellow cake mix
1/2 cup good chunky peanut butter
Chocolate frosting (ready made works for me)
1/3 cup chunky peanut butter

Directions:
1) Preheat oven 350
2) Prepare cake mix according to package directions, adding the 1/2 cup (or more) of peanut butter along with eggs & water.
3) Spoon batter into muffin pans lined with baking cups, filling each @ 2/3 full
4) Bake @ 20-25 minutes or until cake bounces back when touched lightly.

Frosting: Blend ready to spread frosting with the 1/3 cup of p.b.. Frost cooled cupcakes. Makes about 2 to 3 dozen cupcakes.

Definitely with milk.

No comments: