Monday, February 04, 2008

Everything-But-The-Kitchen-Sink Enchilada

Our routine for meals have been either casseroles and one pot meals. Only because they last for a couple of days. I was going to make an eggplant lasagna but didn't want to brave the cold rainy weather outside so I checked the pantry and the fridge and wondered if there was anything I could make.

So I came up with this enchilada. I had a few shredded chicken; potatoes; I didn't have salsa so I substituted can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and a can of diced tomatoes, chili style; chopped onions, etc.. and put in a big bowl sprinkled with a little cheese and low fat sour cream. oh and splashes of tamazula hot sauce (the best hot sauce ever).

oh yeah i boiled two small potatoes and chopped them up (skin & all) and mixed them all up.

then layered in a baking dish with two types of enchilada sauce and of course corn tortilla and baked.

it turned out pretty good and it lasted for 3-4 days. i don't think we'll be eating enchilada for awhile though.

No comments: